Photo Credit: Paige Closson

Photo Credit: Paige Closson

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Dynamic Deals

      Like every girl, I like to be pampered and as I am on a tight budget, I don't like paying salon prices. Because of this, my choice for beauty services is Hair Dynamics. Yes, this is a beauty school but in all my experiences there, I have always felt comfortable and confident in the students ability. The reason for my ease is that before a student begins any service, a Hair Dynamics professional must first sign off on anything the student may do. The students are also constantly asking the professionals for their opinions and advice which makes me feel comfortable. Although the schools services come at a fantastic price, there are a few that you should pass on. The first is manicures and pedicures and my reasoning for this is that in my experiences, the pedicures were not of professional quality and I felt like I could have applied the polish better myself. I also received a full set of acrylics which chipped three times within the  same day as my appointment and although they repaired them for free, I would rather pay salon prices for quality the first time. My go to nail place is "Unique Nail Salon and Spa".
The second beauty school no no is waxing. While personally I have never had a waxing service at Hair Dynamics, I wouldn't feel comfortable with a student preforming an eyebrow wax let alone any other waxing service in fear that I would be missing an eyebrow or suffering from some serious ingrown hairs that no amount of sugar scrub could fix. My mother got her eyebrows done at the school and found that she still had more then a few strays left following her service. My preferred waxing salon is
"The Wax Factory". Another issue I have had with the salon is that on several occasions I have made an appointment and then they call at the last minute, less then an hour before my appointment when I am already on my way, asking if I can come in later because none of their nail techs  seem to be able to show up for work on time. Although these issues may make you stray away from Hair Dynamics, DO NOT FEAR! While I have had some bad experiences in the past, the school more then makes up for it with its friendly students. My favorite would have to be Stephanie who I can talk to like I have known forever even though I have only had a couple appointments with her but the entire staff has always been entirely welcoming. -Paige

P.s. Has anyone been to BJ's Brewhouse on Harmony since it opened on June 4th? I heard that it had a very eclectic menu which disappoints me because I assumed it would be like Potts or Cooper Smiths and
specialize in burgers but the parking lot is always packed so it must be good. Let me know your thoughts in the comments. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment