Photo Credit: Paige Closson

Photo Credit: Paige Closson

Friday, June 14, 2013

Spotlight on Shane: Covenant Tattoo and Piercing

      While walking around Fort Collins, you are bound to come across some interesting people (maybe not as interesting as the people you see in Boulder, but still interesting). One of my favorite Fort Collins personalities is piercer, Shane Thomas. Of all my piercing and tattoo experiences, by far, the most pleasant was by Shane at Covenant Tattoo and Piercing. Usually,  I would go to Runic Body Art, because of their awesome $20 deal, but a few weeks ago I took my friend in to get her nose pierced and their piercer was out of the shop so we went to the next closest shop, Covenant. I'm not saying that my experience with Runic has ever been bad, but it has never been exactly memorable. With Shane on the other hand,  the piercing itself was gentle and with almost 20 years of experience and claims that his use of clamps is "the softest ever" and he was also extremely friendly, talkative, and knowledgeable about his profession. As mentioned, Shane has had plenty of experience. His first job as a piercer was at a day spa where he frequently preformed "intimate" piercings for his female and male
clients. This work experience provided him with an advanced skill set and also allowed him to develop a professional front making his clients feel comfortable with any piercing they may come in for. Shane wasn't the only friendly face on staff as many of the employees greeted us with smiling faces and offered their opinions and advice on the piercing we came in for. Shane is a great guy as well as a talented piercer and my piercing experience with him has made Covenant Tattoo and Piercing my go to shop for future work. -Paige

Links to Shane's facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/piercingsbyshaneatcovenant
https://www.facebook.com/piercingsbyshane?fref=ts

2 comments:

  1. I live in Thornton and have heard that Shane is the area expert on piercings for headaches. I was hoping to ask questions to see if it would help me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So my daughter wanted to get her cartilage pierced granted she about to 11 but we didn’t mind. I called around and while some piercers don’t mind Shane I talked and he was knowledgeable and actually cared of the out come and why he felt she was to young. I thought that was awesome. So I talked with mom and babygirl and we all agreed we should wait. So since we weren’t doing the cartilage she got her 2nd and 3rd set of piercings 4 in all and her mom and I each got one as well. Shane is a great guy great sense of humor. He as I said before is very knowledgeable and it seems to extend from all facets of life. Thanks Shane it was a great and very memorable day!!

    ReplyDelete